These simple 4 ingredient grain-free crackers are a perfect savoury snack. They make a fabulous alternative to a handful of almonds when you want a simple, clean snack with a bit of variety. They taste a bit like sesame water crackers, but without the refined white flour (gluten) and vegetable oil.
You can also easily vary the flavour by adding in different seasonings to the dough base. I topped half of these with a homemade furikake seasoning (toasted seaweed and sesame seeds) but you could also add fresh or dried herbs, nutritional yeast for a cheesy vibe or spices such as cumin and paprika.
Enjoy these grain-free crackers as is, with your favourite dip or cheese, or topped with fresh avocado.
2 cup almond meal
1 extra large egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan forced).
- In a bowl, mix together the almond meal, egg, sesame seeds and salt until it forms a paste.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the dough in the middle and top with another piece of baking paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough as thin as you can get it- try to make it take up the whole baking sheet if you can.
- Peel off the top layer of paper and score the dough with a knife into whatever size crackers you desire. Bake for 10 minutes and then check on the crackers. You are looking for them to color ever so slightly. If the edges have started to color nicely, remove them to a plate and put the remaining crackers back in the oven. Keep doing this, checking every 5 minutes and removing the golden crackers, perhaps rotating out the ones in the centre, until finally they are all baked to perfection.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Share the love
Sandi Cooper is an experienced Naturopath working in clinical practice for almost two decades. Her clients love her down-to-earth approach and her naturally caring qualities. Although Sandi is experienced in most areas of clinical practice, she has a special interest in children’s health and nutrition, working with parents to get the best outcomes for their children.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and receive
Your first Naturopathy booking
We have so many great things to offer you. Keep up to date on the latest research, our best tips, recipes, workshops and courses. We know that health is a whole life thing and so we also share our personal experience and life stories. You will find an enormous amount of support and inspiration through our clinic newsletter.